Eco-friendly Tips for your Martha’s Vineyard Home
If you’ve found the perfect Martha’s Vineyard real estate or Martha’s Vineyard vacation rental one of the first things you may want to do once you move in is use some of these eco-friendly tips so that you can live a greener lifestyle, whether that’s for the summer or for years to come.
- Solar panels – Solar panels are modern, green, and simple! With no moving parts all they have to do is sit in the sun. Since you want them to get as much exposure to the sun as possible, many people install them on their rooftops.
- Energy-saving bulbs – Replace all of the light bulbs in your house with their energy-saving counterparts. Energy-saving bulbs can use up to 70-75% less energy and they last longer as well.
- Replace your roof – If you own Martha’s Vineyard real estate you may want to consider replacing your roof as studies have shown that roof color and type can help lower home temperatures by a good deal.
- Motion-sensor lights – Consider installing motion-sensor lights outside your home so that you don’t have to leave outdoor lights on all night.
- Water consumption – Check for leaky faucets when you first move into your Martha’s Vineyard real estate. If you find any leaks have them fixed right away. Consider using cold water when you do your laundry. You can even purchase special detergents that make washing in cold water as effective as washing in warm.
- Low flow showerheads – These cut down water consumption and save energy by a decent amount.